MBA Application Process check list : Things that are done



MBA application process is a extensive process having a lot of big and small things to be done. Here I will track my application progress
  • MBA decision
    After much thinking and deliberation, I have concluded that I want an MBA. More on this topic in this post
  • School Research
    I have very strong opinions about the School, location and culture I want to be a part of for next 2 years. My school research has lasted for about 8 months for now and you can see my choice of schools in my blog side bar. More about my ideal school in this post
  • GMAT 
    I have always been comfortable with tests (computer adaptive or otherwise) . I took gmat in August with the preparation of over a month. I scored a raw score of 750 and 6.0  in AWA.
  • TOEFL
    As it goes, TOEFL really depends on your language skills developed through long time. Can't really prepare for TOEFL but can only streamline your RC skills.
    I just practiced some RC passages and Audio questions and I scored a 111 in TOEFL-IBT. But speaking section really trumped me. Remember that time to prepare and time to present your answer is very short in TOEFL-IBT section and if you don't practice the timing in advance, good results cannot be easily expected.
  • Conveying MBA decision to my manager
    I think this can be one of the most difficult parts of MBA application process. I talked to my manager about my plan to apply to B schools this year and he was supportive.
    Next logical thing is to select and talk to people who will give my recommendations.
  • Recommendations
    I have talked to my current and previous manager who will be giving my recommendations. In case of 3rd LOR I will be getting it from my xtra curriculars fellow.
  • Undergrad Transcripts
    I am an alumna of VTU and it does a pretty good job in sending transcripts to its alumni without requiring them to visit the VTU campus. Its pretty much a hassle free process.
    Here is a Simple Procedure to Obtain VTU Transcripts
    You can get your VTU Transcripts within a day if you can visit the VTU University at Belgaum. All you then need is to write a request letter asking them to issue the transcripts and mail it along with some required documents as mentioned below;
    The Documents that you require to submit are;
  1. The request letter as mentioned above.
  2. Photocopies of your mark sheets of all 8 semesters
  3. DD with the specified amount. The DD has to be drawn in the favor of: “The Finance Officer, VTU, Belgaum“. Please confirm the latest transcript fee from VTU office as its subject to change.
    Official VTU Site: http://www.vtu.ac.in
    VTU Belgaum Address:
    The VTU Registrar,
    Jnana Sangama,
    Belgaum,
    Karnataka, India – 590014
    Email:     registrar@vtu.ac.in
    Telephone: 0831-2405468
    Fax:     0831-2405467



    --

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment